June 13, 2013

What's new is old again ...

I'm not sure why I do it, but I seem to have a habit of covering my electronic widgets in covers that are decidedly antique looking.


My Kindle Fire has the look of an old, leather-bound book, and my iPhone has a cover that looks like an old British telephone box - really old ... it has the "Press Button A" and "Press Button B" graphic too, which disappeared in the early 1970s I think.




I often wonder about the psychology of this.  Am I embarrassed to have the technology?  Do I prefer the look of older items?  The answer to both is a definite "no" but it's still an odd way to go about things.  I was trying to think of anything else I've done this with, and the only thing I could think of was that my small DVD collection is in a wicker basket - does that count?  I love contemporary images - well most of them, but I could say that for some more traditional things too.  I guess I'm kind of in the middle when it comes to artistic preferences.  Same goes with the decor of our house.  I find it hard to pin down and label the style ... not too contemporary, not too traditional, doesn't fit into "French Country" or "Shabby Chic" or any other style format.

Life in the middle lane?  I guess that's me.  On the one hand it sounds pretty boring, but I figure it means that I have a wide range of interests and styles.  Hey, gotta put a good spin on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment