June 06, 2013

The Shopping List


It was one of those evenings when I find my husband in the kitchen, opening and closing the cupboards and heaving big sighs.  "Did you buy more popcorn?" he asks hopefully.  No, I hadn't realized that we'd run out, since I don't eat it.  When he took the last packet, why didn't he put it on the shopping list, so I'd know to buy more?  You know, the usual loving conversations between husband and wife...

Next day, I'm looking at the list on the side of the fridge and find this - "Get me popcorn ... wench!"  I can just feel the love!  Of course, now I wish I'd written the list a little neater, since I'm showing the world what I need to buy next time I'm at the store. Looking at the list, I think I can feel a baking session coming on - I guess that's were the wax paper and parchment paper come in.  Last week I made a carrot cake and in desperation, ended up using plain 8.5 x 11 paper to line the cake tin.  It works perfectly well, but I suppose I should buy something a little more cake-friendly.

Thanks, Mr B, you'll have your guilty pleasure soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment