September 18, 2013

What's the Plural of Conundrum?





Today's photo shows my solution to one of life's other conundrums - brown vs white, as in rice or pasta.  I love brown rice and wholewheat pasta, my husband is a white rice, white pasta guy all the way.  I haven't solved the pasta puzzle yet (though I do have a lead on that) but I have solved it for the rice.  In a shop that sells Japanese Bento Box accessories, I found some triangular rice shapers in two different sizes.  I think you're supposed to do something exotic with them like cut out Hello Kitty's face from seaweed or something and arrange them artfully on the rice.



I just got as far as stage one - shaping the rice.  I make up a whole batch of white and brown rice (separately of course) and I upturn each triangular rice shape onto a small tray covered with wax paper and freeze them.  After that , they all go into a ziploc bag and voila - instant and perfectly portioned rice to please every palate.  To reheat, just add a few drops of water and microwave for a minute to two.



Now I have to figure out how to do the same with pasta ...

No comments:

Post a Comment