November 26, 2013

The Man in Blue

So what do I do if I saw something really funny the other day but didn't have time to take a photo?  I guess I just put in a great image and talk about something completely different! Here's a picture of something completely irrelevant to the post (but it's nice to see on this cold autumnal day).  It was taken at the Bainbridge Island Wooden Boat Festival this Summer and as I'm sitting at home waiting for the guy to come and fix our furnace, it's a very welcome sight-




- and here's the post ...

On Sunday my husband and I were driving around the local area, trying out a new place for Brunch, doing errands, and generally enjoying the day, when I looked out of the car window and saw a guy covered from head to toe in a solid blue, tightly fitted body suit - like Spiderman - complete with a full, face-covering hood.  I have no idea what he was doing or why.  In fact if he'd been dressed differently I would have said he was walking to his mailbox to pick up his mail.  Who was he?  What was he doing?  More importantly, how do I find out why a guy was wearing a blue, skin-tight body suit and hood at midday on a Sunday in Gorst, WA?

Luckily for me, my husband loves to drive and I love to be a passenger because it gives me the time to look out of the window and see some unusual things.  Next time, I need to have my camera, or at least my smartphone, at the ready, just in case another wannabe superhero decides to pick up his mail.

Actually Sunday was a strange day.  We're always on the lookout for places to go for Brunch, and Kitsap County doesn't really have too many of them, so we headed south to try someplace new.  We did find somewhere but it was just okay, maybe not somewhere we'll head back to again any time soon (name withheld to protect the average).  On the way back home, Mr B spotted a car in a ditch and stopped to see if there was anyone in there.  He said that the airbags had been deployed, and it all looked liked it had happened very recently, so we called 911 to let them know.  I always thought that the Police left a sticker of some sort on a car to show they were aware of it - no sticker on this one.  When we called, they said that they had a couple of Sheriffs on the way as someone had already called in a car hitting a building on that road.  What?  We tried to explain that there was no building, but it was in a ditch, but they insisted that it was the same accident.  Still, we explained some more and felt we'd done our civic duty.  Then, driving further up the road, we saw a guy on a bicycle, carrying a couple of huge backpacks, and just as we came up to the guy, one of his bags fell off the back into the roadway, so we pulled over and let him know.  I can't even imagine how he would have felt when he arrived wherever he was headed, and realized that he was one backpack down, and wouldn't have had any idea where it had fallen.  I feel really good about that one.

I guess that covered our good-deed-for-the-day for several days!  Maybe we'll stick closer to home for Brunch next Sunday as it seems that strange things happen when we travel further afield.




No comments:

Post a Comment